Sum of monomials.
- The highest degree of the monomials determines the degree of the polynomial.
- When all the monomials have the same degree, it is a homogeneous polynomial.
- A monomial is a polynomial with one term.
- A polynomial can have several variables.
- The polynomial 5x² + 2x − 12 is a polynomial of degree 2. This polynomial is not homogeneous.
- The polynomial 2x2y5 + 4xy6 − 7x3y4 is a homogeneous polynomial of degree 7. The sum of the exponents of the variables in each monomial is 7.