Adjective that means “adjoining,” “next to” or “very near to.”
- Adjacent figures (or elements of adjacent figures) are figures (or elements of figures) that touch.
- This adjective takes on different meanings depending on the term with which it is associated.
Adjacent angles are angles that have a common vertex and a common side but do not overlap.
In the figure above, angles BAC and CAD are adjacent angles.
See also :
- Adjacent angles
- Adjacent sides in a polygon or a polygonal chain
- Adjacent faces in a solid
- Adjacent vertices in a graph